JABtalk is an open source free speech communication application for Android device to help non-verbal children and adults communicate. It is an easy and effective augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) solution commonly referred by Speech therapists.
Jabtalk has evolved in to a communication tool used by stroke patients, toddlers, speech-language pathologists, and others originally designed as a communication tool for children with special needs.
- Easy Navigation
- Organize words in to user-defined categories
- Resize and Rearrange pictures
- Heptic feedback (vibration) when touching a word for immediate physical feedback
- Download pictures from the Internet directly into JABtalk!
- Import pictures from memory card or add pictures using your device camera
- Ability to record your own audio for words using your devices microphone
- Ability to import audio files from a memory card
- Supports text-to-speech if you don’t want to record or import your own audio files
- Sentence building
- Available in multiple languages
If you are using JABtalk as an AAC device for an individual with special needs (down syndrome, autism, etc…), we strongly recommend having the individual assessed by a speech-language pathologist to ensure JABtalk is the most appropriate solution for the the individual’s needs.
For other Austim apps refer below link:
• Autism Village – App for Autistic – http://enableneeds.com/2017/10/16/autism-village/
• IPad game that detects autism in kids – http://enableneeds.com/2017/06/20/ipad-game-detects-autism/
• Pinf Hry – Learning Game for Autism – http://enableneeds.com/2017/06/12/pinf-hry-learning-game-for-autism-cerebral-palsy-or-downs-syndrome/
• Convey Emotions – Look At Me App for Autistic child – http://enableneeds.com/2017/04/26/convey-emotions-look-at-me-app-for-autistic-child/